Wednesday 12 September 2012

One month mark

Today marks one month!  Elder Cocker has been gone a month..... I don't look into the bedroom every time I walk by now and I've stopped checking my phone wondering why he hasn't texted that he's late coming home.  (he won't be home for 23 months, I know that.......I know that).

I do check my phone every morning just to see if he's emailed.  and i'm hitting a twice a week ratio.  I love the transition in the Missionary Training Center....its a transition time for families too.  I know that it's gonna be snail mail only when he is off to Tonga, but it will also be the greatest part of his adventure, and where he will grow and learn what the Lord wants him to know.

For now, we are still in the early stages.  

We received a letter from him today that just cracked us up and brought tears to me and dad's eyes.  One, it was such a Josh response, and Two, it is seeing the Lord take a young 19 year old and teach him by the spirit.  It is the unfolding of miracles and understanding, a path of righteousness and increased wisdom.   .  . which we all found really funny because we know his heart and were brought to a clarity.  These young missionaries, some 50,000 strong that are out serving in countries across the world.....are young men, with noble desires, and they are being taught, "line upon line, precept upon precept."

So, if you happen across a young missionary on your path, be kind, smile, maybe even say hello.  That's someone's son, someone's brother  out there 'sacrificing time away from his family for a short time so that someone else's family can enjoy the blessings of eternity".

Happy reading!

*******
Hey mum i had the coolest experince yesterday! i went to the hospital with an elder from my Zone cause he had a spinal tap and his comp was sick. So i was sitting and reading PMG and preparing my lesson for tomorrow and this girl walked in and i felt this really strong feeling to say something nothing spacific just to say anything. So i did we got talking about NewZealnd and winters here in Utah then she just started crying and honestly at first i felt really uncomfortable. Cause it was random andstuff. But then the lord used that time to humble my face lol she apologized and asked if i could give her a blessing! So ofcourse i said yes but i had to wait for my companion to get out of surgery and after he was out he couldnt stand so when the Van came to pick us up i asked the driver to assist me in the blessing and he did the SPIRIT WAS SOLID! Talk about right place right time. I felt a little bad after cause i wanted to play volly instead of going with Elder Hopper, then i was kinda weirded out at first when she started crying instead of being concerned about the problem at hand (a full grown woman crying for unknown reasons) but in the end the Lord saw fit to use me even just for a moment and i am soooooo happy i was ready willing and able it was a really cool and made my day! Please family follow the promptings of the spirit, you never know whats gonna happen!

 
 
 
Love you all
                    Elder Cocker 

1 comment:

  1. by no means am i forgetting the sister missionaries also faithfully serving.....he's just my only son.....and i'm still transitioning in thought. i say elder and missionary and i mean all .....all those young ones.

    ReplyDelete